Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Begins

I set the alarm to wake up around 1:15 to see if I could see the lunar eclipse. So I got up put on my coat and went out my back door and looked up to nothing but clouds. You could not see the moon. I know I will live to see another lunar eclipse, but not a lunar eclipse during a the winter solstice. According to records today's eclipse was the first since the 1600's and the next will happen in 80 years. So I will not live to see this event again. Cast off a green dishcloth and cast on another green dishcloth. My Daughter and Cece arrived tonight and I gave her a refresher on how to cast on again and she is trying to help me with the rest of the dishcloths. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the week. I will return to work to work on Tuesday. One day I will finish these dishcloth and be able to knit a scarf again. It will be nice to spend a few days with my daughter. The things we ordered from ABC distributing arrived tonight and I have the things I ordered for my daughter in my closet. Well it is time to go to bed so I am off to bed. Still thinking about knitting dishcloths.

1 comment:

Ria said...

My daughter woke me up at 2:15 for the eclipse - she was still awake. I know it was only half an hour earlier than normal but I was so tired the rest of the day. I was also almost late for work!