Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After Christmas


Well it was a lovely day after Christmas. Last night we watched it snow late into the morning. Around 2:30 we went to bed. I think later on it started to snow again. I received a 5:00am call from my daughter she was coming back from taking her boyfriend to work we had a conversation about her drive and then off the phone. Slept late got up and made my way to the store. I could tell that it had continued to snow during the night. So all the grass was covered with snow when I got up this morning, that is good for my little corner of North Carolina. It was the first time in a very long time that it has snowed in NC on Christmas Day. Today the snow continued for a few hours after 12:00 the roads are clear and I don't think people will have any problems traveling. I am so happy that our office is closed tomorrow. So only a 3 day work week ahead. Our office is closed on Friday for New Years Day. I cast on a scarf yesterday. My Daughter gave me some yarn from Lionbrand Hometown USA the pattern is on the back to the yarn band. It is a ribbed scarf. She gave me 2 skeins of Monterey Lime and 2 Detroit Blue. I think this will make a great scarf! . I am posting a picture of the Christmas Snow. It is the first Christmas Snow in a very long time.

1 comment:

Ria said...

I'm kinda jealous of your white Christmas... but since we were driving, having the snow start at noon today was better. It's supposed to keep snowing into tomorrow. I've been in my pjs with my knitting and a good book.