Thursday, June 03, 2010

Bad News On My Sock Progess


Well I have been working on the gusset and I just realized today that somewhere along the way, I forgot to add my knit round. I continued the sock working only the decreasing round. So this is such a big screw up! I don't think I will ever get this pair of sock done. I really want to get this sock thing down! I brought another skein of sock yarn and really would like to continue! So I am determine not to give up ! I need another rescue me session. I think I need to make a trip to High Point this weekend. I know the sock needs ripping back so I can start the gusset over again, but I am not brave enough to do this all by myself. My crochet project is going better it is another Beth's Little Star Afghan. It is for my cousin's new baby due in August. I am not so sure on the color but I can't show until after the baby shower. I really need to spend a lot of time crocheting during the next week. The baby shower is next Saturday. I finally participated in a kettlebells class at the gym and I can really fell it! The class involves lots of squats!, and handling a weight. My weight was only 4 pounds. So now I realize just walking the treadmill, doing the elliptical, and the bike is not enough! I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I admire that you even tried socks. They seem more trouble than there worth.

AmyS said...

Yahoo put you in my updates and now I have found you again! :-)
Don't give up on socks, they really are fun. I've made quite a few pairs since I learned how a couple of years ago, and I still make mistakes sometimes, mostly if I'm not paying attention. Once I turned a heel without making the flap first! If there's any way I can help, let me know.