Friday, January 05, 2007

First Friday Night 2007

I am so glad it's the weekend. It has been a long week and I only worked 4 days this week. Today I think I have finally figured out how to change my picture on my layout after I sent an email stating that I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Oh well that's the way it goes I guess. I found out something very interesting today while looking in the phone book Caraway has an Alpaca Farm and you can visit, in May they have a special event Caraway Alpaca Spring Open Barn I visited the website www.carawayalpaca.com also sent an email about the event and if they send a newsletter or emails to remind you of special events. Another thing I discovered while looking in the phonebook was Goat Lady Dairy www.goatladydairy.com at this farm they host Dinner at the Dairy tomorrow is the first day for online sign up and I plan to get up so that I can sign up for Dinner at the Dairy, you can get a tour of the dairy also I don't think it is the same night as the dinner. Another place to visit Rising Meadow Farm www.risingmeadow.com also has special events and I emailed to find out if the public can attend a February if you don't want to participate in the shearing and just watch. I hope you can I have never been on a working farm of any kind and it would be nice to see a farm in action and to see where all the wonderful natural fibers so many people crochet and knit with get their start and maybe buy from a local who spins or dyes natural fibers. I hope I get a response soon. Last night I tried to start an afghan with Bernat Super Stripes yarn it is a self stripping yarn and I have a great pattern for a ripple afghan but the yarn is bulky and has a rough texture very hard to see your stitches and I think it will take more skill than I have at this time to make this afghan so I am putting off this project for now also tried a scarf pattern with the same yarn and that did not go well either. So now I am trying to come up with another big project. Tomorrow I plan to visit A C Moore I need to buy more yarn for my sister scarf her birthday is the 16th and I want 2 colors for the scarf. I am using Patons Classic Wool Merino 100% wool. I have the Petal Pink I want to get a darker pink or white possible off white, maybe all 3 I think all 3 will make a great color combination. The pattern I plan to use is Skinny Minnie from Candi Jensen's pattern book Crochet Scarves! a nice simple SC. I will post a picture when the scarf is complete. Happy crocheting and knitting.

No comments: