Saturday, October 01, 2011

Fall Festival




It is that time of year. Fairs, Festivals, and Open Houses. Today was the 39th Fall Festival held here in Asheboro NC. The Festival is held every year to showcase handmade items. I did not plan to go because I lost interest a few years ago because I felt like the festival had drifted away from it's purpose. I did not attend the last two years. This year however I notice a lot more had crafted items. This time I noticed a lot of knit and crochet items. Dish cloths, scarves, shawls, hats, and afghans. I did not buy anything because I had to save my money for tomorrow, and our trip to Rising Meadow and The Goat Lady Dairy. So no knitting, reading, or crochet today. I am listening to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I can listen to the cd's over and over again. I find it very relaxing to knit, crochet, or blog while listening to a book on cd. Happy Crafting.

No comments: