Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Humday finish

Well its the middle of the week and I finished my Linked Hearts dishcloth. Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton, color Grape, pattern leisure arts #3253 dishcloths from the heart. What to do what to do, this weekend I hope my sock knitting class will start and also here in Asheboro some of the the local business owner's bring the first ever Chili Cook-Off. I think it promises to a pretty big event. The article in the Courier-Tribune states more than 30 have entered locals and I hear as far away as Texas and New York. First Prize is $1500.00 , 2nd $1000.00, and 3rd $500.00(the registration fee is $50.00 or proceeds from the sale of 15 raffle tickets, plus the stubs) Today is the final day to register. Raffle tickets on sale for $10.00 first prize is mortgage payments of up to $1000.00 for a year! if you don't have a mortgage $8000.00 cash prize! other prizes a 50 in plasma tv, and a golf package at Tot Hill Farm. I think the only big event that happens in Asheboro every year is the Fall Festival. Other vendor's and arts, crafts. Rain or shine 1-10 pm. You can also sample contestants chili. A big shocker is the Beer Garden! I am sure an editorial will be in the paper about the beer garden.

No comments: