Tuesday, June 27, 2006

HEY,HEY,HEY!!!! We got a raise yesterday.

I first want to tell you that I have worked on my afghan project today. I must move on to tell you how happy and thankful I am that the Co. Commissioners dedcided to give the Co. Employee's a raise I want to thank all the Co. Commissioners for giving us this raise even though property taxes are going up 1% I really under stand the reason for the raise in property taxes and I don't mind paying the increase. The reason I would like to thank them for this decision. I know it didnot come easy, after attending a public hearing for the first time about the budget for the next fiscal year I know the decision was not made lightly. Several people didnot agree with the propsed budget and I would not speak so it is like I was stating I didnot agree. A lot of things asked for this year we did not get, but we must look on the bright side and hope for next year. I am hoping that between this and the fact that my mother has moved in with me we will be able to get all the bills paid and maybe have a little left over for things I feel the need to buy, like yarn,yarn and more yarn. My favorite places to buy yarn are Hobby Lobby and AC Moore. The month of June has passed by so quickly cant believe it is the 4th of July weekend. I should be able to finish my Grandmother's afghan this weekend. If I am lucky I will be able to buy the yarn for my next project this weekend at AC Moore. My daughter wants me to make an afghan for her boyfriend in their school colors red and black. I thought a nice ripple I am looking for a good pattern, something masculine. The search is on for that pattern. I am getting ready to do more exchanges with one of the groups I belong to At My House it is a group through Yahoo , the dishcloth, granny square and potholder exchange. I have had a lot of fun participating in the exchanges with this group. Very nice group of crocheters and kniters.

No comments: