Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Friday Eve!



It is time to get happy. It is the moment I have been waiting for since Monday morning. Last night I cast on for the first time in a very long time, just a dishcloth. It is the Shapely Diamond from Leisure Arts Kitchen Bright Dishcloths. Maybe tonight I will knit the first row. I have two current reads, the first The Ex Files, by Victoria Christopher Murray, and the second is the first in a new series A Crafty Killing it is A Victoria Square Mystery, by Lorraine Bartlett. I picked up the book today at Books-A-Million. So just like always here in North Carolina we go from the 80's to the 50's during the day and tommorow morning we have a chance to go down to freezing . I have trays of lettuce that I want to plant and I think I should wait a few day. I hope my fig tree will be okay. Just because I think this post needs a picture I am posting a picture of the salt fish (salt mullet) we brought about 2 weeks ago to cook. It was great we had fish and grits(its a southern thing) The pictures are from before cooking. Happy Friday Eve!

1 comment:

Ria said...

Fish and grits are awesome. There are 6 cracker barrels in the state of NJ, 5 are in southern NJ the one up north is fortunately 9 miles from my house. I love going there for breakfast because catfish, grits, eggs, biscuits & gravy can't be beat. But my friends kinda think I'm weird. I always have to point out that it is on the menu- so other people eat it!