Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Cold Day

We had a very sunny but cold day in our area of North Carolina. We got up got dressed to and made a trip to Costco. On the drive to Costoco we listened to CarTalk. I love the car guys and love to listen to them on Saturday they are so funny. The samples did not seem as good today. Still I enjoyed the trip, had to get more chicken stock and garlic powder. We decided to try out the Kirkland brand dish washing liquid. Brought a great looking pork roast and cornbeef brisket. After the mail ran today I received a wonderful surprise the book I have been waiting for Spun by Sorcery, by Barbara Bretton. I have read the first 2 books in the series and love them. Who could resist a witch that knits and owns a yarn shop. Tonight we made sausage and kale soup. I found the recipe in Woman's Day the November issue. It is a great recipe and we enjoyed it. Added a few rows to a Feather and Fan Dishcloth, I started last night. My plan is to knit a lot of dishcloths through this year and stock up and then I will have a ready made supply for my sister and mother in case they want to give them out as Christmas presents this year.

4 comments:

Ria said...

I just requested an interlibrary loan on CASTING SPELLS. Hopefully I like the series as much as you do!

That soup looks so much like my dinner last night. I used the Food Network Magazine recipe for vegetarian gumbo with red swiss chard and black eyed peas- except I added some Andouille, carrots and white beans to it as well ( I didn't have enough black eyed peas) served over rice it was yummy!

Stitch 'n Frog said...

That soup looks and sounds delicious! I saw it in the magazine but have not tried it yet. It's on my list to make now!

christy said...

That soup looks amazing! I'm going to have to try that out!

Colleen said...

I think this soup is delicious.

Seattle Real Estate