Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shaping the toe

Well while listening to the Yarncraft podcast from Lionbrand tonight I finally started shaping the toe of my almost finished sock. So far so good. I will work on it again tomorrow night. I broke down and cast on a new project last night nothing big, just a hat I got the pattern I think last year in an offer to subscribe to to Vogue Knitting Magazine. You use on skein of Noro/KFI Kureyon. I have a skein on Noro I am not sure what kind I think it is silk garden. I lost the wrapper. The pattern is a simple rip stitch pattern. Just managed the cast on. I plan to cast on a baby afghan tomorrow. It is a free pattern from Lionbrand. I was trying so hard not to start a new project before I finished my socks. Oh well!. Its the last day in June and I hope tomorrow will be my last day of work until next Tuesday. The office is closed on Friday for the 4th and I asked for Thursday and next Monday off. I am trying very hard to get several cases done through Monday so that I can have the two extra days off. I plan to finish and this time I mean finish my sock and cast on and work as many rows and I can of the second sock in the pair over this long holiday weekend. My mother found the first cucumber of the season and I think by the end on the week we will have enough squash for a casserole. The squash casserole maybe a strictly southern thing I am not sure.

No comments: