Sunday, October 08, 2006

Wet & Gloomy Sunday




Well I have not posted in awhile and I thought I would tell the happening of the past week. Nothing much happened the first part of the week just work. I did however start reading a book the first in about 2 or 3 months which it not like me not to read. Then on Thursday I finally got the chance to start my intermediate crochet class at my local Hobby Lobby and it was fun. I learned stitches that I should already know I am sure but I had not tried them before even though it has been almost a year since I learned to crochet. I practiced the front & back post, front & back loop, and increase & decrease so this means I will be able to progress to different patterns. I was not brave enough to do some of the patterns because I could not get the 2 dctog just did not make sense. The instructor also told me that a lady from a previous intermediate class wants to start a group to meet once a month to socialize and work on our projects, this sounds great to me. I have tried to find a group but the only group in my town met during the day and I work during the day. Then I brought Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'N bitch crochet the Happy Hooker and I found out that every since her first books on knitting that have been so hugely popular Stitch 'N Bitch groups have formed the largest I think in New York, well the closet group to me if it is still going is in Durham and that is 1 1/2 hours away to far to socialize and crochet. So this will be great if it gets started and works out only 5 minutes away. Yesterday I went to the homecoming game at my daughter's college and it was great they won the game 12 to 0, the band was awesome. My daughter made the cheer leading white team(aka: jv team) and they cheered the 2nd quarter. I think she did a great job of course and I could kick my self for not getting a camera. still no digital camera and if I had one it would do no good because for sometime now I have not been able to open the cd tray on my computer so I would not be able to down load the camera and get my pictures. As you can see things are looking a little wacky on my page because I was trying to change my background to something more crafty and it is still a work in progress. No crochet yesterday but I plan to work some tonight.

No comments: