Sunday, January 08, 2012

So we cooked a standing rib roast



Today my Mother and I cooked a standing rib roast. We put a rub on the roast we got from The Chew. When I watched the episode I did not realize you needed to put the rub on and leave it for at least 12 hours, then cook the roast. So I did the rub today and let it stay on the roast for around 30 minutes. We cooked the roast for 1 1/2 hours and I think maybe we could have cooked it for and hour and forty five minutes. I tried a new rice Lundberg Wild Blend A Gourmet blend of wild & whole grain brown rice. One the package it states to cook for 50 minutes then turn off remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. I think I should have cooked for another 10 to 15 minutes. I plan to give this another try also. The butternut squash was great and I have another one to cook. The roast was still very good. We also cooked watercress and bok choy. So a great try new recipes day. So far no knitting and very little reading. I am watching All American Muslin it is the season finale, I love the show. Desperate House Wives was great and I recorded Oprah's Next Chapter. So I am off to prepare for a long hard week, but I am ready for the challenge.

1 comment:

Garima said...

rib roast yum yum well never tasted because in India we don't eat such dishes but really want to try! do check out my site well i'm much smaller than you so you may not find my blog that interesting but do visit :) i've joined your blog hope you will join mine too :) take care!