Monday, May 25, 2009

Garden

Well I have had a not so bad weekend, Friday started pretty rocky but by Saturday things has turned around. Spent time with my daughter looking at apartments and furniture. The apartment we looked at with my daughter looked great, fell in love with two of the apartments. One with a huge and I mean huge master bathroom, and one with a very pretty little deck on the third floor. The Second and third floor had small decks and the first I guess it would have been considered a patio. The rent was a little out of my daughter's price range without a room mate. I could see a planter or two on the deck with a tomato and flower's. Then on Sunday just did nothing at all but talk to my daughter and watch TV. Today I got up around 10:00 or a little after got dressed an spent a few hours in the garden. We have a problem with getting the garden started on time. My brother in law tilled the garden last Thursday. So my Mother and I put most of the plastic down today. We ran out of plastic so I have to get another roll on Friday. I think tomorrow after work we will cut the holes in the plastic to plant the squash and zucchini. I have to wait until this Friday to buy another roll of plastic for the rest of the garden. I did get all of my cherry and grape tomato's planted in hanging baskets. I have 2 planter's that I plan to get 2 patio tomato's on Friday and plant. I know my garden will get started a little late but I think it will still turn out okay. We planted 3 pots of Petunia's and one pot with a petunia, geranium, and begonia. We had 3 grape tomato's to come back in a hanging basket we did last summer put that in a pot because I thought it would do better in a big pot. I was afraid of trying to separate the plants.

No comments: