Wednesday, March 19, 2008

WIDGET?!!!!!

Okay what may I ask is a damn Widget? Last night while visiting Crochetville I ran across a persons blog with a template website for blogger. So I visit the site find a new template. So far so good. Then I follow the instructions from the site to download the new template again so far so good. The problem came in when the questions was asked on blogger do you want to delete your Widgets or something like that was ask okay I clicked yes and oh my oh my. I lost all my pictures, all my list only thing I did not lose was my posts. Could not figure out how to go back even though the directions seem very simple. So now I have to start all over again. I have added some of the blogs I like to read back and I not sure I will add the books back. I wish blogger would add some new templates and make it a little easier for those of us who are not so good with computer. Still can't figure out how to add a slide show. Oh well you can't have everything. Posting a picture of another dishcloth from Leisure Arts Garden Dishcloths to Knit, Topiary with Heart I used Lily The Original Sugar' n Cream cotton yarn in Emerald. One more day and I get a nice long weekend.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

It's funny because my blog still is using the HTML and I haven't switched because of the darn widgets and possibility of losing something (which I heard happens), when you switch.

I did have to start a blog/site for my husband and his political site and it's the widgets on blogger cause that's all you can do now. It's relatively simple, but I am so used to the HTML, I refuse to switch.

I was going to switch Haloscan for comments, they had the widget "implant" and I went to the "old blogger way" and it had three different things I had to do, I had to save my whole template to them, etc-much harder than the widget. But I still am NOT switching to the widgets. Whew, long comment, no?

NikkiJ said...

This happened to me to, and now I just try to avoid the urge to jazz up my site with widget adding features so that when I finally do find a template I like, I won't have to sacrifice so much like I did the last time. I want to hire someone to design my blog, but that's not as easy as it seems.